Thursday 11 October 2012

Timeworn final piece preparation

Over the past few weeks I have been taking part in and online class with Andy Skinner. The class is a techniques based class and for my final piece I have been out to my craft shed and selected from the treasure that I have stored there. Some of it I have had quite a while!
My final piece is loosely based on William Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer Nights Dream.' This play was my first encounter with William Shakespeare and it is still one of my favourites. I saw it first at Stratford Upon Avon when I was 12 years old, which was a long time ago! It was one of the best school trips I ever went on, it was quite a journey up to Stratford form Devon but well worth the travel time.
I chose one of the containers that was saved from last Christmas and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.
Along with some of the toys I had rescued out of the charity bag from my grand daughter! I just hope Abbie doesn't see the decapitations that I performed in the name of art.
I also made a mould for the face of Puck and another mould for the letters I used for the title. I made several Pucks as I was not exactly sure what I was going to do with them.
Lots of preparation of the pieces then took place ready to receive their final layers of paint.
I even got to play with fire.
The inside of the container was painted and prepared with plenty of texture sand to give it the look I was after.
I will put up a post of completed piece, it will be rather photo heavy but there is a lot to look at!
Thanks for looking.