Wednesday 8 August 2012

Journal your Art CJ

Luckily I had done this Journal Your Art CJ entry before the Olympics started! Today was posting day so I am popping the page on my blog.
This page has been done for Lynne (UKS MrsMcF). Lynne asked us to do a self portrait in any way we wanted to, therefore, I have used a Suzi Blu & Unity stamp, the quote around the image captures me but maybe the body and face is stretching the truth a bit! LOL
I sketched a background masking off a border to act as a frame on the page.
I then used my Pitt pen to draw in the lines and Inktense blocks to colour the background.
The stamped image was coloured using water colour paints and gel pens.
I used leaf metal flakes around the frame and on the tiny heart in the left hand corner of the stamped image. Once I had placed the image in the centre of the page I wrote a little about myself in some of the blank areas.
I then carefully removed the masking tape and drew around the inner edge of the frame with a Pitt pen.
This is the penultimate page for this CJ, I hope Lynne likes it.
Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Mary B said...

Another great art page well done indeed you are so clever at these

Allycat x said...

Shirley, that is just gorgeous! X

Summer Sunflower said...

As always you amaze me Shirley, this is brilliant!