Tuesday 6 March 2012

Pit stop

This week on the UKS Art Journal Journey we have had a bit of a pit stop.
Taking a look back on the techniques we have covered so far.
I thought I would try out another method that Sarah included in her tutorial.
This method is more reliable for transferring the whole of the image and entails using multi layers of matte medium on the image before letting them dry and then placing the image in a bowl of water to help soak off the paper.

My completed page.
Black and white photo copy.

Layering up the matte medium.
Dried image.
I should have had a photo of my soaked off image here but I got carried away here and just put it on my prepared background before I thought of taking a photo! LOL
Thanks for looking.


3 comments:

Mary B said...

I like the flowers just not sure about that funny little man :D

Sharon said...

he looks great. Just had a look through your blog you have some fantastic projects, very inspiring!

Anne Jagger said...

I love everything that you've done on your Art Journal journalling Shirley, you've made some gorgeous pages. X Dorothyanne X