Monday 17 October 2011

Artistic License Circle Journal Irene's page.

Irene chose the artist Andy Goldsworthy for her artist for this Circle Journal. Irene encouraged us to use found and recycled items for her page. Here is my page in all it stages of development.
My little box of bits and pieces.
Broken jewellery and other odds and ends!
Old magazines cut up to produce the paper rolls to be placed on Irene's base page.
The first round of paper rolls.
Gradual build up!
Finished circle.
Back view showing the plastic remains of a rawplug package and beads from a broken necklace to make a hanging chain.
Finished page.
I have covered the page in matte-medium to strengthen it and make it more robust.
I am already for the next months page now!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

fantastic!!!!!

Minty Magic said...

Wow that is AMAZING!

Barbara said...

Brilliant

Debbie H said...

Thats amazing Shirley! You could make lovely things for the home like that. I'm not sure I'd have the patience or if mine would be so neat!!

knitkath said...

Wow, great recycling with a beautiful end result!

Mary B said...

that looks fun to do and would make super decs